The Pilgrim’s Progress book
The Pilgrim’s Progress has been called “the greatest allegory ever written.” Its appeal sweeps across the scope of age, intellect, and education. Children read it for the excitement of the story, eager believers are challenged and trained by its invaluable teaching, and Bible students and scholars alike read it for the its depth of doctrine.
Now in modern English and packed full of helpful features, this new edition will enable you to enjoy this classic of classics with greater understanding than ever before. Just as relevant today as it was when John Bunyan wrote it in his cell in the Bedford County Jail, The Pilgrim’s Progress is the story of every Christian from the first stirrings of the Holy Spirit beckoning us to follow Christ, to our final arrival in the Celestial City of God.
In this new edition of Bunyan’s timeless classic, you will find:
- A careful and accurate revision into modern English
- Bunyan’s original Scripture references
- Hundreds of additional Scripture references to enhance personal study* Chapter endnotes to help clarify Scriptural and historical references
* Indexes: meaningful words, names, titles, characters and places
* Story is helpfully divided into 34 logical chapters
* Over 50 illustrations