Practicing the Presence of God Class by James W. Goll
- Contains 12 (40-50 Minute) Audio or Video Sessions
- Choose Format: Download; Streaming
- For just $10, add Streaming onto your Download option
Your heart was created for the Presence of God.
It’s one thing to believe God’s presence is in you, it’s quite another to experience the joy of deep and abiding intimacy with Him.
You are meant to live in daily awareness of God’s brilliant presence.
There is a journey into the special place God has for you. It is not found in busyness or the hustle and bustle of spiritual activity, it is found in Jesus’ words, “Abide in Me.”
There is only ONE who will satisfy you—and that is God Himself.
But how do you abide in God’s Presence? What are the keys to finding a deeper walk with God? How do you experience communion with the lover of your soul?
Scripture and church history have left a trail blazed by the lives of men and women who have learned the ways of quieting their souls to enter the secret place of greater intimacy with God.
For over four decades, James Goll has passionately followed these paths and personally discovered the joy of encountering God’s brilliant presence.
In this class, James will lead you on the road to true intimacy, teaching you the riches of abiding prayer through Quieting Your Soul before God, Listening, Waiting, and Watching in Prayer, The Ministry of Fasting, Contemplative Prayer, and more.
If you want to follow the ancient paths God has given you to abide in His brilliant presence in moment-by-moment awareness, you won’t want to miss this class!
In this class you will…
- Learn to quiet your soul and turn your gaze on the beauty of the Lord
- Experience the power and joy of contemplative prayer
- Develop friendship with God by learning to wait and watch with Him
- Receive step-by-step guidance in meditative approaches to prayer
- Discover how to guard yourself against excesses and counterfeits
- Identify obstacles to developing your inner prayer-life and how to overcome them
- Deepen your heart’s intimacy with God and understand the fire of His love
- Follow the trails of Jesus-lovers who discovered the inward paths to abiding in God’s joy-filled presence and carried it to those around them
- Embark on an inward journey that will release outward displays of God’s glory wherever you go
This class is great for individual study in your own home, with a small group, or in a classroom setting. The full curriculum, including The Lost Art of Practicing His Presence book and Practicing the Brilliant Presence of God Study Guide, is available here. As you work through these lessons and apply them to your life, you will deepen your heart’s intimacy with God and understand the fire of His love!
- The Inward for the Outward
- Quieting Our Souls Before God: What True Communion Requires, Part 1
- Taking Every Thought Captive: What True Communion Requires, Part 2
- Listening, Waiting, and Watching in Prayer
- Contemplative Prayer: What It Is Not
- Contemplative Prayer: What It Is
- The Center of Quiet
- Journey into the Interior Castle
- Christian Meditative Prayer
- The Fasted Life
- Towards a Greater Union
- Walking through the Tabernacle