In the Scriptures, we find many benefits concerning what the blood of Jesus has done for us.
We overcome the devil and his works when we testify to what Jesus’s blood has accomplished.
We become like those believers who are already in heaven, having followed Him faithfully all the way: “They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death” (Revelation 12:11 niv).
Jesus’s triumph over the powers of darkness is reinforced whenever we agree with and declare the benefits of His precious shed blood.
In Christ’s blood, we receive life that death cannot conquer.
Jesus has established a new covenant through His blood, and He intercedes on our behalf to enable us to enter more fully into His blood covenant with us. (See Romans 8:34.)
7 Benefits of the Blood of Jesus
Jesus’s blood accomplishes at least seven distinct benefits to complete our salvation:
1. Forgiven. You and I have been forgiven through the blood that Jesus shed when He gave up His life. “Without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness” (Hebrews 9:22 nasb). For this reason, confidence, peace, and joy can now replace condemnation, anxiety, and grief in our lives.
2. Cleansing. Our consciences have been washed by the blood of Christ Jesus because we have truly been purified from all sin. (See Hebrews 9:14.) “But if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin” (1 John 1:7 nasb).
3. Redemption. Forgiven and cleansed, we find that we have been redeemed from the clutches of the powers of darkness. We are no longer forced to live in the dark, because we have been transferred into the kingdom of light (see Colossians 1:12-12 niv, tlb), where the beloved Son of God appears in glory: “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sings, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.” (Ephesians 1:7 niv).
4. Justification. It is one thing to believe that you are forgiven, cleansed, and redeemed, but it is another to believe that it is just as if you have never sinned in the first place. “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21). When I am justified, it is “just as if I’d” never sinned. I am righteous. I now belong to the King and have obtained citizenship in His kingdom. I have a fresh passport that says, “Citizen of the Kingdom of Heaven.”
5. Sanctification. Now we can take it one step further and declare that we have been set apart for a holy calling—sanctified. Each believer is a special vessel set apart for God. Only Jesus’s blood can make this possible. Because of Him, we can walk on the straight and narrow way. (See Matthew 7:14.) “Make straight paths for your feet, so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint, but rather be healed” (Hebrews 12:13 nasb).
6. Peace. Because of Jesus’s blood, we can have perfect peace. There will still be plenty of battles to fight, but the outcome has been determined on Calvary: “It was through what his Son did that God cleared a path for everything to come to him—all things in heaven and on earth—for Christ’s death on the cross has made peace with God for all by his blood” (Colossians 1:20 tlb).
7. Access to the throne. Jesus’s blood has made possible your complete reconciliation with the Holy Father in heaven. Now, covered as you are in the blood of Christ, you are like the high priest who was invited to enter the Most Holy Place—without being struck dead. You can enter the most holy throne room of heaven with perfect impunity: “And so, dear brothers, now we may walk right into the very Holy of Holies, where God is, because of the blood of Jesus” (Hebrews 10:19 tlb).
Because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross, we have all this, and heaven besides!
In your own life, how have you testified to what the blood of Jesus Christ has accomplished?
How have you spoken of it (out loud) and declared with joy the benefits He has won for you?
Even when you proclaim it within the privacy of your prayer closet, the enemy gets blinded with the glory of heaven!
All praise, honor, and worship to the Lamb of God for what He has done on the cross! The blood of Christ avails for you and for me!
Pray and proclaim this prayer about the power of Christ’s blood, which I was taught by Derek Prince [Derek Prince, Prayers and Proclamations (New Kensington, PA: Whitaker House, 2010), 163-164].
Pray it for yourself and for others:
Through the blood of Jesus, I am redeemed out of the hand of the devil.
Through the blood of Jesus, all my sins are forgiven.
The blood of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, continually cleanses me from all sin.
Through the blood of Jesus, I am justified, made righteous, just-as-if-I’d-never sinned.
Through the blood of Jesus, I am sanctified, made holy, set apart to God.
My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, redeemed, cleansed by the blood of Jesus.
Satan has no place in me, no power over me, through the blood of Jesus! Amen.
There Is Power in the Blood of Jesus!
James W. Goll
This article is adapted from Chapter 11: “The Power of the Blood” in the Strike the Mark book by James W. Goll.
If you want to strike the mark of God’s heart in intercession through the power of the blood of Jesus, you’ll love James W. Goll’s new The Best of Prayers That Strike the Mark Bundle, which includes the Strike the Mark book and The Best of Prayers That Strike the Mark 4 MP3 Set. This powerful set will ground you in your authority to cut down enemy forces and pick out “targets” for God’s lightning bolts of glory, bringing victory and breakthrough in your life. Order your bundle today!